Sunday 21 September 2014

Day 6

It's the weekend! I always feel like we "waste" our weekends by doing very little. Or that they are stolen from me as I have so many jobs that need doing that they get gobbled up and suddenly it's Monday again!

Saturday has been a case in point. 

We kicked off the morning with some stories in bed. Loved the illustrations in this one. A really cosy read for the impending autumn. 


E normally has gymnastics on Saturday mornings but he has decided to stop. I feel a bit torn about it really. I understand why he wants to stop - the building is really grim, delapidated, leaking and probably a health hazard and many if the young coaches, who probably have no idea about gentle attachment parenting, often use shouting and coercion to control children, which I hate, but felt "ok" about it  as my boy didn't experience this the other 5 days a week when most other kids get this all day at school too. It was just a small part of the hour, after all. That being said, I liked to either watch him doing really well at something g he enjoyed or liked the time at home without him if his dad took him that week. I guess our Saturdays will just look a bit different from now on. 

So when we finally got out of bed, the boys played practically all day -either in the playroom, in their room or on the wii or iPad. 

I spent the whole day doing "jobs" - catching up on work paperwork (10-2pm!), an opticians appointment for sight test and lens check (2.45-4.15pm), birthday present shopping and delivery and then home to cook dinner. 

We finished the day curled up on the sofa and watched Monsters University. 

No comments:

Post a Comment