Friday 31 December 2010

Well my latest "regular blogging attemp" was sabotaged by a terrible run of ill health in our household! Firstly the two littlest boys came down with a vomiting bug, followed by my getting flu and taking to my bed for over a week, and then another week of recovering. It all seemed to be under control ready for Christmas only for baby Bear to come down with chicken pox, then Elijah getting flu and both the little two getting yet more vomiting bugs! We even missed going to see The Gruffalo's Child a the theatre in the holiday. I can honestly say this has been our worst Christmas for being ill (with so many of us, there is usually at least one unwell person on the day lol, but top score this year for so many of us at once!).

Fortunately The Curve Theatre agreed to change our tickets so we will go to see the Gruffalo's Child next week (yay) and we have lots of excting new things to look forward to in the new year. Elijah will be starting some Forest School sessions being run locally for the home education community - my first challenge will be finding the actual wood where they are taking place- I will keep you updated on whether we find it it or not!

Ive been reflecting on the year of 2010 and can honestly say that God is ever present in our lives, even those times when we are too busy to notice or dare I say it, care! The most amazing birth experience I had with Barnaby in April was a total blessing, and healed so many emotional wounds I had from the traumatic time we had when Elijah was born. God uses all things for His glory! At his dedication, our Pastor said that he was given the sense that Barnaby would bring about stability to our family, whatever that meant! No time scales, but it crossed my mind that there may be rockier or more changing times ahead.......I know that I can trust on the Lord no matter what.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment