Tuesday 25 January 2011

I cant believe we are almost at the end of January already. We are all a little sleep deprived for various reasons at the moment. Baby Bear seems very unsettled at night time, awaking every 20 minutes and sitting up in bed. Hence me and his Dad arent getting much sleep. Luckily Elijah sleeps thought it. I think co-sleeping probably means less disruption overall, but there are times (read, sleepless nights) when I think maybe the grass is greener on the other side. We (the grown up cosleepers) are also ready for the 3 1/2 year old to leave our bed but he is very resistant so we carry on. Im just too weary for the battle. DS#3 has been to a sleep over this week and rose admirably to the challenge of staying awake the whole night ;) Its now sleepover +3 and he is still reaping the rewards of his victory in that he is absolutely shattered by mid afternoon most days ;).

Our biggest boy is beginning to get offers in for university places. Yay! I was so worried he would get a handful of rejections! So far he has an offer and 2 interviews. Phew. And the offer is a good one, so we are all pleased.

The deadline for applying for primary school passed recently and I felt very at ease about not applying. I think that peace is from the Lord. I feel certain we are doing the right thing for the time being....we will wait upon the Lord for any other leading and embrace the challenge of home schooling in the mean time. We have been so blessed to find a Christian home educators group nearby - what a group of Godly mothers. They inspire and encourage me whenever I meet with them. In addition, our local meeting is growing each month and we are outgrowing the room we use at our local library. Its all good!

We have been busy as ever learning though play with lots of painting, clay modelling, cutting and sticking, lego, building blocks, and programmable robots. Its never boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment