Sunday 22 August 2010

I recently wrote an article for our local NCT magazine on how we ended up bed sharing/co sleeping with our youngest children. It was a gradual process (read the kids just wouldnt sleep in their own beds and eventually we gave up the fight!) but I am convinced of the benefits. This was how the boys were at around 1am last night together in the middle of our bed. My gorgeous Elijah being the protective big brother even whilst he was asleep. He rolled over and just put his arm around Barnaby, who then snuggled up even closer. My heart melted.







Church this morning was all about Jonah:







This afternoon we cleaned out the chickens. Here is Elijah helping. Dad's leg in the background lol.










I should really introduce the chickens, so in no particular order here are the girls of the household:
Lisa. She is definitely Head Girl. She was named by Lachie (after Lisa in the Simpson's I think) and she is pretty smart. She is an Amber Star and in this picture she is around 17 weeks old.













The Black Rock is Betty. She is the last in the ranking. Until today I thought she was quite dim, but seeing as she was the only girl who avoided capture for a louse powder application, Im not so sure now :-D

And here is Mabel. She is the middle girl, and her loyalties lie with whover has a tasty treat on offer.

Still no eggs from any of the girls yet, but we hope to get some soon - I cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment